25 before 25 – Let’s catch up

In November 2017, I posted a list of 25 things I wanted to do before turning 25. Now, I am 25. Which means it’s time to check the list and see how much I actually got done.

1. Get my own flat
    DONE – I’ve been living on my own since August 2019, which was the main point of this goal. And I’m absolutely loving it.
  2. Finish writing and editing a book
    I wish. I started so many different stories, though. (None of them finished.) If I could add them all together, I would have a book.
  3. Travel to three new countries
    DONE
  4. Graduate
    DONE on the 6th of March, 2019! It was horrible and I kind of don’t ever want to study anything ever again. But I did it!
  5. See at least 10 different National Trust/National heritage places
    DONE. In 2018, I did a lot of travelling around England and I’m sure I’ve visited at least 10, if not more, of these.
  6. Get an emergency account with at least £1000 in it
    DONE – and there’s now £5000 in it 🙂
  7. Give to a charity on a regular basis
    DONE – I adopted an elephant in April 2018 and have been making monthly payments ever since.
  8. Start saving for retirement
    DONE
  9. Learn to say no to people
    Still hard – but getting better?
  10. Find a career I actually like
    Would be nice, but I’m not going to stress about it for now (NO quarter-life crisis, please).
  11. Knit a scarf
    DONE – while I was doing my “Living as an Artist”-challenge, I did a month of knitting. The end result was a terrible looking scarf that I quickly donated to the nearest charity shop.
  12. Stop procrastinating
    Pretty much done. Nine times out of ten I do the work I HAVE to do before I go and do something I enjoy.
  13. Develop general knowledge of important topics
    What did I even mean by this?
  14. Go to a music festival
    DONE – I went to a festival in the Netherlands in 2018.
  15. Get a tattoo
    Right after publishing this post, I got my first one. I now have 6 and plans for more. You can read about the stories behind the first five tattoos here.
  16. See a TED Talk live
    Nope, still want to do
  17. Go out while wearing bright red lipstick
    Done this multiple times. Not as scary as it seemed.
  18. Create my own recipe book
    DONE – it’s digital, but it’s there. 🙂 My own vegan recipe book (the recipes aren’t mine, but I use all of them very regularly!)
  19. Learn to juggle
    Done, though this was more of a re-learn how to juggle.
  20. Plant a tree
    DONE – in May, 2020, I planted two trees in British Colombia through a website called One Tree Planted. It’s only a dollar per tree and so good for the environment!
  21. Learn to do a handstand
    Don’t even care about this anymore.
  22. Go to Thailand
    Timing wasn’t right but this WILL happen.
  23. Invest money in something
    This one kind of goes hand in hand with “start saving for retirement”. I’ve been investing money through Moneybox for nearly 1.5 years now and won’t be able to access this until I’m old enough to retire. So DONE.
  24. Go and see the Northern lights
    Does it count if I tried to see the lights and failed? I went on a weekend trip to Iceland in January 2019, specifically to see the lights, and didn’t see anything due to a snowstorm.
  25. Watch a sunrise
    The plan was to do this the day of my birthday, on a beach in Greece. Not happening for obvious reasons but it will at some point this summer. In England.

All in all, I think I did pretty well. There’s a few I just don’t care about anymore. It was mostly just interesting to look at the things I set as goals for myself when I was 22 and which ones I was actually wanted enough to complete.

Did you ever make a list like this? And how did you do on completing them?

1. Konstantina
    25 June 2020 / 10:53 pm

Happy birthday beautiful. I am so glad you managed to do so many things in one year. Congrats on your book

2. aisasami
    25 June 2020 / 5:31 pm

Happy Birthday to you! Great goals for your 25th year!

3. 25 June 2020 / 4:57 pm

Wow..this list seems much amazing i mean like you have mostly achieved everything according to the list and sure that remaining will soon be achieved…i haven’t ever made any of list like this but now seriously inspired to make a one..Thanks for sharing your experience…Great work…

4. Mudpiefridays
    25 June 2020 / 3:44 pm

Oh wow, at the age of 25 you have done so many things in our life. I hope everyone will be inspired with your achievements.

5. Marjie Mare
    25 June 2020 / 4:18 am

Wishing you 25 more great achievements for the next 25 years. In the meantime, enjoy being 25, Happy Birthday!

6. 25 June 2020 / 3:22 am

I like your list! I’m glad you also accomplished most of your goals in the list before you turn 25, not to mention your goals all seem fun and interesting! It’s nice that you also got to travel to a lot of places and experience a music festival, thank you for sharing these with us!

7. 24 June 2020 / 11:30 pm

Wonderful list of things you want and have been aspiring for to do. You have accomplished a ton of amazing things and are an inspiration for many.

8. 24 June 2020 / 9:24 pm

Dang! You rocked it! You accomplished so much! Great work!

9. jonmaldia
    24 June 2020 / 5:11 pm

It’s amazing how much how you’ve done from your list. WTG! Also, congrats on your 25th!

10. Gervin Khan
    24 June 2020 / 4:25 pm

I can really say that you are doing a great job, you already have a lot of self accomplishment in the age of 25 and I want to congratulate you about that. Keep it up!

11. 24 June 2020 / 2:34 pm

That’s such a great idea! Life tends to get away from us, so without making lists like this, it is easy to never get to do the things we want. You’ve already done so much! You’ll definitely have to go to Iceland again to try to see the Northern Lights again! Oh, and I love the adopt an elephant idea!

12. 24 June 2020 / 1:27 pm

Looks like you’re doing a great job! I feel like I should maybe start a 40 before 40. Yikes!

13. Brandy
    24 June 2020 / 12:31 pm

Wow you are doing good! Keep up the good work accomplishing your goals!

14. Marie
    24 June 2020 / 6:05 am

What an amazing list! I love your answer to #13 and #21. It shows how much life changes over time. 🙂 And I went to Alaska to see the northern lights this past February and missed them after 9 days looking and hoping! That just means we have to go back! And as for the rest of your list, you can still finish them all (at least the ones you still want to!). You have already accomplished so much!

15. nancytsocial
    23 June 2020 / 7:47 pm

Ahhh the big 25! Looks like you’re on a good path. Couple suggestions: resurrect the hand stand- you won’t be sorry. Start against the wall. And plant more trees please (we appreciate it)! Get your hands dirty and enjoy your twenties!