Okay. So… I am aware that last week’s post wasn’t that happy and uplifting. But I’m feeling all better now and am back with a massive spring cleaning checklist. Whether you’ve been cleaning for the last few weeks of being on lockdown, or whether you’ve been hanging on the sofa while you’re house is slowly getting more and more disgusting… There will be something on this list that you can do.
* You can also make your own cleaning solution by just googling –
- Clean out pantry (throw away out-of-date stuff and give things you know you’re not going to eat to neighbours)
- Wash kitchen cabinets
- Deep clean oven
- Empty fridge and freezer and clean inside
- Do the dishes (or turn on the dishwasher and unload once it’s done)
- Dust and wash any and all mirrors, frames, and decorative items.
- Hoover sofa
- Dust furniture
- Wash all throw pillows and blankets
- Hoover rugs
- Clean and disinfect tub and shower.
- Bleach toilet
- Wash bathmats.
- Dust and replace decorative items.
- Wash and/or replace shower liners and shower curtains.
- Wipe down towel racks, baseboards, doors, blinds and windowsills
- Clean and disinfect sink
- Get rid of old products that you really shouldn’t be using anymore. (That includes bottles that are nearly empty that you keep telling yourself you’re going to use but never do.)
- Wash all bedding.
- Wash all bed and throw pillows.
- Flip around mattress
- Get rid of anything that’s under your bed and shouldn’t be there
- Rearrange furniture (moving a double bed will take a good amount of time!)
- Clear out closet
- Put some new pictures on the walls
Before moving outside, hoover and mop the floors in all of these rooms. You can also turn on an air diffuser to make your house smell extra nice and fresh.
- Mow grass
- Throw dead leaves in the compost
- Weed flowerbeds
- Plant some new flowers
- Water the plants you already had
- Get some new garden furniture
I’ve finished doing all of these things over the past few weeks. If you have anything else you would like me to add to this spring cleaning checklist, please let me know!!