Things to do while under Coronavirus Quarantine

Coronavirus is now officially a pandemic. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this virus so far. I hope you all stay safe!

In England, we haven’t quite gotten to the point of closing schools and shops. But, as soon as the kids’ schools close, I’m going to (mostly) self-isolate for at least two weeks.

Luckily, I can do most of my translation work from home, but not going outside is going to drive me crazy. And I’m sure I can’t be the only one. So, I’ve come up with this list of things to do while staying at home and keeping human interaction to a minimum.

Things to do while you’re under quarantine

1. Make on a playlist of songs that make you happy
  2. And have a dance party.
  3. Journal about what is going on and get all your thoughts and feelings out on paper
  4. Take an online class (I recommend the TEFL Academy 168-hour online course as this will also help you earn a bit of money by teaching English once completed!)
  5. Clean and organise. Why not start spring-cleaning a little early this year?
  6. Redecorate bedroom/entire flat/house
  7. Meditate
  8. Exercise at home – go for a run, do some yoga, use weights (if you have them). Just make sure you keep moving!
  9. Finally read that book you’ve had on your shelves for months
  10. Try a new hobby
  11. Have a movie day (you could even go all-out and build a ford to watch the movies in!)
  12. Take a bath and relax
  13. Go for a long drive / hike somewhere far away from other humans
  14. Make a plan for how your going to change your life (things to do, goals to set, etc.)
  15. Start a small vegetable garden – if you have space and it’s warm enough outside. Enjoy spending some time in nature.

What are some of the things you would like to do while under quarantine for coronavirus / self-isolating?

1. Bindu Thomas
    20 March 2020 / 11:28 am

Great ideas. This is very encouraging one

2. 20 March 2020 / 5:35 am

No matter how much I try to do these, I still fail at many levels. I just want this time to be more productive for me. It is not sadly!

20 March 2020 / 7:47 am

You definitely don’t have to be productive the entire time! Just take it slow and start when you feel like it! 🙂 (unless you’re getting paid to work from home – better get started then!)

3. 19 March 2020 / 8:32 pm

Great ideas! Here in Dubai, most people are staying indoors even though there isn’t any official directive by the government yet. One thing I do make sure I’m doing is to stay active. I make it a point to get on my yoga mat every evening to keep myself from going mad since I haven’t stepped out in a few days yet.

4. Chelsea Sauve - Wandure
    19 March 2020 / 8:27 pm

Such an encouraging read! I am in Canada, where we have closed schools etc, and self-isolating at the cottage where I just returned from a really nourishing hike :). Nature really is so grounding!

5. 19 March 2020 / 5:10 pm

We’ve been in self-isolation mode here in LA for about 6 days. I work from home, and luckily that work is still coming in, but my husband and I are getting antsy about not really being out in the world. I love your tips — meditating, long baths, journaling, reading and movie days are all in the mix.

6. 19 March 2020 / 2:50 am

We are really feeling the effects already of being isolated. Thanks for sharing your list!

7. Nate
    19 March 2020 / 1:21 am

Thank godness that I’ve been working from home all this time. On the same token, this will change how people earn money.

8. 19 March 2020 / 12:50 am

These are great tips. I have been catching up on shows and doing some blog work.

9. 18 March 2020 / 8:47 pm

Amazing ideas really…I am trying to catch up on my reading and also trying to be more involved in art.