Coronavirus is now officially a pandemic. My heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this virus so far. I hope you all stay safe!
In England, we haven’t quite gotten to the point of closing schools and shops. But, as soon as the kids’ schools close, I’m going to (mostly) self-isolate for at least two weeks.
Luckily, I can do most of my translation work from home, but not going outside is going to drive me crazy. And I’m sure I can’t be the only one. So, I’ve come up with this list of things to do while staying at home and keeping human interaction to a minimum.
Things to do while you’re under quarantine
- Make on a playlist of songs that make you happy
- And have a dance party.
- Journal about what is going on and get all your thoughts and feelings out on paper
- Take an online class (I recommend the TEFL Academy 168-hour online course as this will also help you earn a bit of money by teaching English once completed!)
- Clean and organise. Why not start spring-cleaning a little early this year?
- Redecorate bedroom/entire flat/house
- Exercise at home – go for a run, do some yoga, use weights (if you have them). Just make sure you keep moving!
- Finally read that book you’ve had on your shelves for months
- Try a new hobby
- Have a movie day (you could even go all-out and build a ford to watch the movies in!)
- Take a bath and relax
- Go for a long drive / hike somewhere far away from other humans
- Make a plan for how your going to change your life (things to do, goals to set, etc.)
- Start a small vegetable garden – if you have space and it’s warm enough outside. Enjoy spending some time in nature.
What are some of the things you would like to do while under quarantine for coronavirus / self-isolating?