Productive Sunday routine

A few months ago, I moved into my own cottage. And after a crazy week, I had a Sunday to do nothing. While the house wasn’t in desperate need of a clean, there was a lot of clutter. And I felt like I was running behind on everything.

And that’s life. Everyone feels that way every once in a while. Kalyn Nicholson, a wonderful YouTuber that everyone should watch, has regular GYST-days, aka, days where you get your shit together. And that’s what I did that first Sunday in my new cottage.

You can divide GYST-days into three sections: Prep, maintain and relax.

Chores

I like my space to be clean and tidy. If it isn’t, I just can’t concentrate. In the morning, I put some clothes in the washing machine and let that run while I went into town to get some of the things I needed.

Clean

I got home, cleared away all the stuff that was on the floor in the kitchen and living room and put the dishwasher on. Then, since it wasn’t raining, I put my clean clothes on a clothing rack and took that outside to dry. Just taking everything that wasn’t supposed to be in the living room out made me feel so much better.

Plant care

After tidying up, I downloaded an app called “Koubachi” and I created my own garden with the plants I have in my house. You can use this app to identify them, name them, and keep track of how much water you should give them. Which is great, because it stops you from accidentally killing them.

Other things you could do during the “maintaining”-part of your GYST-day:

• wash sheets
  • clean out car
  • mop floor, dust, hoover
  • wash and fold laundry
  • make important appointments (do that thing you’ve been putting off for weeks)
  • go grocery shopping
  • clear out garbage
  • dishes
  • clean bathroom

Prep

Usually, I don’t do any work during the weekends, because I think it’s important to take those days to just relax. But, as I was feeling a bit behind, I decided to get a bit done, just so I would feel better starting the week on Monday.

You could also do some homework, research a project, or do anything that you’ve been putting off for a while.

Others things to do while prepping:

• write out work-outs for the week
  • meal prep
  • plan out schedule

Relax

Once you’ve caught up on everything and your house is nice and clean, it’s time to relax. Have a hot shower, put on a face mask and sit down to watch your favourite tv show or a good movie.

1. Bindu Thomas
    28 October 2019 / 7:43 am

Sundays are for relaxing, but once in a while a Sunday can be a GYST day. lol

2. 24 October 2019 / 8:06 pm

Those are some great suggestions you got there. I usually relax on Sundays but also make it a day where I finish all my pending activities that needs to be done.

3. 24 October 2019 / 8:03 pm

Those are some great suggestions you got there. I usually relax a bit on Sundays or make it a day to catch up on all things I’m not done yet.

4. Hannah Marie
    24 October 2019 / 3:08 pm

These are incredible tips to do this Friday. I’d actually like to give them a try. What a pretty nice list.

5. Kiwi
    24 October 2019 / 9:02 am

I am so happy you put plant care on the list. I usually water my plants on Sundays!

6. 24 October 2019 / 8:32 am

Sounds like it was a good Sunday Routine. It’s nice to get in those kinds of patterns and just get working and doing things. So great.

7. Alexis
    23 October 2019 / 11:19 pm

Congrats on your new cottage. I love relaxing after a long week after the house is clean.

8. alessiamarciano
    23 October 2019 / 7:54 pm

I agree that the week end should never ever be touched ahaha relax after a full week of duty! 🙂

9. 23 October 2019 / 4:19 pm

On weekends I am lazier than usual .. unless my family gets involved to clean or do something … but I completely get where you are coming from in this post … thanks for the motivation. =0)

10. Sundeep
    23 October 2019 / 12:21 pm

Everyone wait for Sunday to relax after the hectic days. Each and everyone wants to relax on that day. But we use to do cleaning. I am really keen to know about the app which you mentioned above will definitely going to check out that app later.

11. 23 October 2019 / 9:33 am

This is my favorite day. Because it’s the only day that you can fix yourself and your things at home. Thanks for list that needs to do. Its helpful and well organize.

12. catherine santiago jose
    23 October 2019 / 7:30 am

I am totally relate with this article, normally weekends are my time to rest and to relax but because of a lot of things that I need to do my rest day turned to be my work day also.

13. Julie Syl
    23 October 2019 / 5:35 am

Haha I love what you have called this day.. 😆 Rest day but a tiring day cuz you really have to get your shit together literally.. 😆Love this blog.. 😘

14. Twinspirational
    23 October 2019 / 4:29 am

I always do these things in a whole day. I’m very obsessive compulsive when it comes to laundry day. I felt like I have to clean the whole house after it. Haha

15. 23 October 2019 / 12:57 am

Days off, be it a weekend or not, are very empowering ones. I try to do different things that i postpone or crave to do.

16. Taryn
    22 October 2019 / 9:36 pm

I love the term GYST, and I’ll have to start using it! I have to invoke them on a regular basis. I like how you broke yours down.

17. 22 October 2019 / 8:32 pm

The most important work to do in a Sunday is to relax.

We work very hard during the whole week, and we need to pamper ourselves a bit.

18. 19 October 2019 / 10:12 am

I like this idea of making use of our weekends to “GYST”! It’s my first time hearing about it, and it totally makes sense. I love doing my chores and catching up on whatever it is I need to catch upon on weekends; I find that it’s productive and at the same time relaxing. Thanks for sharing with us! 🙂