Summer is turning into autumn and I keep finding myself wondering how, exactly, time passed so quickly. The last few months have flown by. This whole year has flown by. And since I stopped doing my monthly updates, I figured it was about time to give you an update on my life after I took a bit of a break from blogging this summer.
Let’s first start with work because this was a great summer. Almost everyone goes on holiday during this time of the year but companies still need translations. So I got to do almost double the amount of work I usually do. Last week was the first week in a few months where it was a lot quieter and I got the chance to work on some smaller, more personal projects.
At the beginning of July, I moved out of my old host family’s house. Visited a friend in Spain, travelled to Naples, Italy and went home to see my parents for a week. Then, I was off on another trip to Austria and Hungary, before heading to the Netherlands for another week.
The first week of August, I moved into a cottage that now completely feels like home. It’s filled with plants, books and mugs for coffee and suits me perfectly. I still can’t quite believe that I get to live here and am so incredibly thankful for the opportunities I’ve had in life.
So, that’s a short summary of what the last few months have been like for me. Since it is September, and this month always feels like a fresh start, I also wanted to set myself some goals for the rest of the year.
My goals for the last few months of 2019
- Read more books. Every year, I set myself the goal to read 75 books. Usually, around this time, I am far ahead of this goal. This year, however, I really haven’t been reading as much. And I miss it so much. I’m still on track to reach that goal, but I really want to make sure I make the time to read books that I love.
- Graduate – I’m so close to being done with my thesis and finally getting my degree!
- Start budgeting, reestablish my saving goals and get on with it!
- Create stuff – which I will be doing with my 12 Months of Living as an Artist challenge!
- Meet more people and make more friends – as I moved to a different city (combined with the fact that most of my friends were au pairs and went back home), I haven’t been hanging out with people as much. So let’s change that. Make an effort to meet people that give off a good vibe and that I like hanging out with. No more hanging out with someone just because they’re in a similar situation.
That was it. There’s the life update that I promised you guys. What have you been up to these past few months? Do you have any goals for the rest of the year?