My Mountain Adventure

This summer, I decided to buy an Interrail pass, which meant I could travel anywhere in Europe for three days (there are also other options available, but I decided to go with three days since my schedule was already pretty full). My first stop: St Anton Am Arlberg. A small town in the west of Tirol where the mountains loom large and the air is fresh.

Now, if you’re vegan (like me) you should prepare to live off of salad and chips because there’s not much else to eat that’s not made with animal products.

This little town is extremely popular as a skiing resort during winter but it’s also definitely worth a visit during summer. If you check into one of the hotels or bed&breakfasts, you’ll receive a summer card that you can use to go around in local buses, it gives you access to the cable carts, the swimming pool and there’s a weekly schedule that you can choose one activity from for free (including yoga classes!)!

This was the perfect short getaway that I needed to just relax and not do anything.

I did a lot of thinking while I was in the mountains and I am going to post a life update within the next few weeks – I feel like I should after taking a monthlong break (that was supposed to be two months long, but let’s be real – there’s no way I cannot write anything for that long).

It seems like it might be turning into a yearly thing: escaping to the mountains. Last year, it was the Peak District (not a huge success) and this year Austria. There’s something calming about being in nature and not needing to do anything but walk and sit there. Taking in the view of something that’s been there for millions of years and that will be there for many more.

1. 23 August 2019 / 2:04 am

Looks like such a beautiful trip and a place to visit! Thank you for sharing.

2. 21 August 2019 / 6:22 pm

Mountains are seriously so beautiful. I would take them over the beach any day.

3. alexandra cook
    21 August 2019 / 5:29 pm

Oh wow! I’m not sure I could ever leave that place. it is absolutely one of the most gorgeous place I’ve ever seen.

4. mudpiefridays
    21 August 2019 / 5:29 pm

So many things to love about this place! It’s really beautiful out there. Truly a bucket list material.

5. 21 August 2019 / 3:14 pm

This is very really unique helpful information. keep it up. Thank you so much!

6. Sincerely Jackline
    21 August 2019 / 7:38 am

The views are so breathtaking, thanks for sharing these photos, I hope I can visit such places one day.

7. 20 August 2019 / 10:38 pm

What a lovely place. Mountains are my favourites. I feel floating with the mountain breeze. You planned very well, envy you.

8. Joanna
    20 August 2019 / 7:15 pm

What a beautiful place you decided to go for your mini break. The mountains and the scenery are absolutely gorgeous.

9. Michael David Oyco
    20 August 2019 / 11:19 am

I love hiking too and man, the views are breathtaking! Its only at movies I see such places.. Hopefully one day I can see one in person. Thank you!

10. 20 August 2019 / 10:41 am

Wow, I love nature. It reminds me of how great God is. I go to the mountains a lot to reach tribes, but the apparance of mountains are different here in the Philippines. The pinetrees are replaced by coconut trees. Hihi.

11. 20 August 2019 / 10:28 am

I love the mountains and the fresh air. There is something exhilarating about being up at altitude and hiking through the forests. It sounds like St Anton Am Arlberg has a good plan to make activities available to the people that visit.