It’s been almost six months since I posted a list of 18 things I learned in 2018. Last week, I turned twenty-four. And my life is completely different from what I thought it would be when I was younger.
To celebrate my 24 years of existence, I wrote down 24 things I’ve learned along the way.
- Sometimes, you just have to jump without overthinking it.
- Document your experiences. You’ll love having those old pictures to look back at when you’re older
- Your parents aren’t always right
- But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t listen to their advice
- No one has their life figured out
- It’s okay to say “no” to work projects
- Don’t just go with what other people say. Go outside, experience things, and make up your own mind
- Get out of your comfort zone
- Dream big
- Never doubt that you can do it
- Respect and take care of yourself
- You are perfect, just as you are
- Trust your intuition
- Great things take time
- Follow your heart
- Let yourself fall
- You can start again whenever you want
- You will find out who your true friends are
- There’s a difference between being alone and being lonely
- Share things – even if it’s scary
- There’s no need to justify your decisions to others
- Learn to let things go
- If you feel a certain way, you shouldn’t apologise for it
- You were meant to be in this world. Don’t like your life for granted.
Can you relate to any of these lessons? What are some of the things you’ve learned over the years?