It’s been a while since I baked something new. So, this past week, I decided to make a vegan carrot cake. Because it reminds me of spring.
- 300 grams of flour
- 3 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 cup of plant-based milk
- 130 grams of sugar
- 200 grams of plant-based butter
- 2 cups of shredded or grated carrots
- icing sugar
- 4 tablespoons of vegan butter
- walnuts (optional)
How to make the cake
- Preheat oven
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt. Mix together!
- Add the apple sauce, almond milk, sugar and melted butter and just keep mixing.
- Add in your carrots and mix and flip batter until fully combined.
- Pour mixture in a baking tray and bake for approximately 35 minutes at 175°C.
- While the cake is cooling down, you can mix all the ingredients for the icing together.