First of all, Merry Christmas! I hope you’re all having a lovely holiday!
Since I’m at my parents’ house for the holidays, I kind of started preparing for the new year early. “At the start of December”-early. Because even though my life is in England, I won’t be there for the last weeks of the year to get my shit together. So here’s what I did and what I recommend everyone to do before the new year starts!
- Buy new diary/bullet journal
- Close bank accounts / PayPal accounts that you don’t use (WHY DO YOU EVEN HAVE MORE THAN ONE?) (I have three PayPal accounts. F*** knows why.)
- Pay any outstanding bills
- Write down fitness plan for the new year
- Clean room properly (hoover, mop, dust – yes, underneath the furniture as well.)
- Organise closet and donate clothes you no longer wear
- Get rid of old books you know you’re not going to read but that you keep holding on to because they look pretty
- Get rid of other stuff you no longer use
- Clear out hard drive and computer of programs and files you don’t need
- Print out pictures from the past year and put them in a photo album
- Delete apps that you don’t use from your phone
- Organise remaining apps into folders
Some other things that I still need to do (and that you will be able to read about on 1 January):
- Write down my goals and resolutions
- Make an action plan to achieve those goals
- Create a priority list
- Create a mood board (not necessary but I like putting pretty pictures together)
What do you like to do to get ready for the new year?