In the Netherlands, this is what everyone eats this time of year. Doughnut balls. Sometimes filled with raisins. Always covered in powdered sugar. And usually fried.
I did not fry them. Because that is really not healthy. And we don’t have a fryer. Instead, I put them in the oven. They turned out just as delicious as when you fry them. (But less crispy, which is slightly disappointing.)
- 250 grams flour
- 250 grams plant-based yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon agave/maple syrup
- baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
Extra: If you want, you can add in apples or raisins.
How to make them
- Put the yoghurt, oil and syrup in a bowl and mix.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
- Mix until it forms a dough
- Form balls from the dough and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 180°C.
- Cover with powdered sugar before eating!