Things I learned in 2018

I have another post coming up in which I actually reflect on the things I did the past year but I figured it would be a good idea to take a moment and think about all the things I learned in 2018.

1. Give yourself time to figure things out
  12. Celebrate every moment
  13. Tears don’t mean you’re weak
  14. You can always do something to help
  15. Sometimes it’s better to let go of people that are bringing you down
  16. It’s okay to give up control sometimes — it won’t kill you
  17. The most important work doesn’t always take as much time as you think
  18. Whatever is going on in your life right now – it’s still your life. And it’s pretty f***ing awesome

What are some of the things you learned this past year?

1. 7 January 2019 / 8:22 pm

These are all really great things that 2018 taught you. I feel like I learned some of the same things in 2018 as well. I definitely need to work on forgiving and loving myself this year. Thanks for sharing!

2. 5 January 2019 / 8:35 pm

I totally agree that comparing your life to other is a total waste of time. Happy new year.

3. Becca Wilson
    5 January 2019 / 7:08 pm

These are some amazing lessons to take away from the last year. I need to make a list like this for myself so that I can look back.

4. presiiicom
    4 January 2019 / 6:26 pm

Great list. I hate comparing to others. Be your own competition and motivation

5. Megan
    3 January 2019 / 11:45 pm

Love this so much! I think it’s great to reflect and what a perfectly put together way to do so 🙂

6. 3 January 2019 / 4:53 pm

Looks like you learned a lot in 2018! Here’s hoping 2019 educates you just as much! HNY!

7. Clare Minall
    3 January 2019 / 6:48 am

Oh I love this. We should celebrate every moment. Life is too short so live your life to the fullest.

8. 3 January 2019 / 3:20 am

Great list. I also learned to follow my gut and plan things out.

9. 3 January 2019 / 1:32 am

You learned pretty much all of the keys to a great life!! This year, I think I learned most that even the most unmovable mountains in life can be moved!

10. 3 January 2019 / 12:20 am

Focusing on what you can control is such a powerful one for anyone!!!! Proud of you!

11. 2 January 2019 / 9:38 pm

I like that you added an abandon option of there is a better fit. Sometimes we stick so tightly to a focus we can’t see the better option that opens up right in front of us.

12. 2 January 2019 / 7:15 pm

The worst one for me is relinquishing control. It won’t kill me but it really is hard when you are so used to trying to gain it. I needed to read your list, thank you!

13. 2 January 2019 / 2:42 am

These are all so very true and very valuable. Two of them that I learned this year are to take a break when needed. I stepped back from my blog for two months due to staring a new job and the adoption process all at once. Between job training, adoption classes, home study’s and other prerequisites, I was feeling burnt out and decided to take a break from it. I also learned that it is okay to let go of people in your life. I let go of my best friend after we had a falling out. I kept trying to rekindle the friendship, but realized we both needed to want it and she always made me feel bad about myself, so decided to let it go and focus on positive relationships. Happy New Year!

14. Nate
    1 January 2019 / 8:16 pm

Boom! Focus on what you can control. That’s what I’ve believed all the time!

15. 1 January 2019 / 1:29 pm

I love this list. I’ve learned that having two kids is harder than one, I can survive colic, I need to worry and stress less, take it one day at a time, find the good moments and hold onto them.