Monthly Update – November 2018

Let’s start with one of the very few things I actually did in November: NaNoWriMo. In October, I wrote a blog post on what it is,  but I basically tried to write a 50.000-word book in 30 days. And I did it! I reached 50k on the 27th of November and haven’t done any writing since. But am still very excited about the two stories I’m writing and will definitely continue. At some point. Hopefully in the near future.

In other news: less than a month after getting my first tattoo, I got another one. This time on my leg. And before you start saying that I have to be careful because getting tattoos can be addictive; I know that. I’m not planning on getting another one anytime soon. The one on my leg was the one I always wanted. I was just too scared it would hurt so I got a different one first.

Yearly goals

Read 75 books – Hardly read any books this month because I was writing my own. Still managed to get through 4 books though. (Two of those were rereads of old favourites.) Yearly total is now at 151!

Graduate – Nothing new. Teachers have completely disappeared and have actually stopped answering the telephone.

Cultural things – CRIMES OF GRINDELWALD. Only one thing this month, but again, I knew I was going to be busy with writing my book. I watched Crimes of Grindelwald the day it came out, early in the morning. I came out completely buzzing and excited about what I’d seen. But now that I’ve been thinking about it for a while, I’m still not sure if I actually like where they are going. Have to watch it again soon.

Only two more weeks until the first half of this school year is over and I’m going home for Christmas. Can’t believe how fast time is passing by. I got all my Christmas shopping done and am now preparing for the 12 days of Blogmas that I’m participating in, going from the 13th until the 25th of December. So you can expect some more daily blog posts from me in the days leading up to Christmas!

1. 6 December 2018 / 2:31 am

Congratulations on completing the NaNoWriMo. Just wondering how people wrote 1,667+ words a day.

2. Elizabeth O
    4 December 2018 / 10:35 pm

Congratulations! Continue having your great plans in life. Hoping here that everything will prosper! 🙂 God bless you!

3. Danielle
    4 December 2018 / 4:42 pm

I have a huge pile of books that I need to read but just have not gotten around to.

4. 4 December 2018 / 4:54 am

Reading more books is always on my list. I tend to get books for my kids at the library but just recently started getting myself books as well.

5. 3 December 2018 / 5:20 pm

Congratulations on successfully participating in NaNoWriMo! I remember the first year I heard about it when 2 NYC friends were participating. This is well over 10 years ago. Thrilled to know it’s still going on and people like you are still participating!

6. 3 December 2018 / 4:15 pm

I haven’t seen the movie yet, so it’s interesting that you changed your mind about it after awhile. Hoping to see it soon!

7. 3 December 2018 / 4:07 pm

Congratulations on your victory hun. It has been a long time since I have heard from you. Loved it.

8. 3 December 2018 / 2:30 pm

Wow I haven’t even thought about my goals for 2019 yet but your goal of being a student and reading 75 books. That is a goal. Wishing you luck in 2019

9. Clare Minall
    3 December 2018 / 12:16 pm

Oh wow, Great job! congratulations to you! You makes me motivated in life. Wish I could be as talented s you in writing.

10. 3 December 2018 / 6:53 am

Congratulations dear on winning 🙂 I thought of participating but a irreversible loss happened this year> Looking forward to next years.

11. 3 December 2018 / 6:15 am

wow! It’s always so pleasing to meet your goals and feel happy about it. One of the best feelings ever. And wow! you read so much/so fast! I am not even nearly that good. I wonder if I actually managed to hit 50 mark

12. 2 December 2018 / 7:40 pm

Congratulations on wring that NaNoWriMo and on having read 151 books this year! Both of those are accomplishments that you should be very proud of!