I’m not a big fan of bananas. There’s something about the texture that I just really hate. But I do like using them to bake. Whenever we have really ripe bananas that no one wants to eat, I bake them into a banana loaf. Super easy and really good!
- 5-6 ripe bananas
- 250 grams of flour
- 100 grams of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 75 grams oil
You can also add in a little (non-dairy) milk but I never bother.
If you want, you can also add other things to the bread, such as raisins, nuts or chocolate powder!
How to make it
- Mash all the bananas. You can make them as smooth or as chunky as you like.
- Add in all the other ingredients and mix well
- If you’re adding something extra, put that in now
- Prepare the loaf pan
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake for about 50 minutes at 180°C. Check to see if the loaf is ready by poking it in the middle with a toothpick. If it comes out clean, your loaf is ready.
Banana muffins: To make muffins, line a muffin tin with paper liners and fill each cup to roughly 3/4 full. Bake for around 20 minutes.