It’s the last day of October. Which means that the NaNoWriMo madness starts tomorrow. October mostly consisted out of preparations for next month. I finished all blog posts for the rest of the year (!) and outlined several different stories that I might be working on in November. (I still have to pick one.)
One of the most exciting things I did this month: I got a tattoo! I’d been thinking about getting one for a while and finally bit the bullet. Did not get the one I wanted because I didn’t know how bad the pain was going to be. So I’ll have to go back soon to get that one. I now have a crescent moon on my left shoulder (stands for feminity, creativity and personal growth).
Read 75 books – I am currently on book no. 147.
Graduate – Outline for thesis has still not been approved. Things have actually gotten worse; my teachers keep sending it back without feedback. Good news is that I have now officially finished the entire first draft of the thesis.
Cultural things – I visited Bristol, Sherwood Forest, Nottingham and Clumber Park (more on those last two in November!)
Let’s just list all the things I’ve done:
- Harry Potter marathon – while the host family was in Spain, I watched all eight of the Harry Potter movies. Epic.
- Bake a pie from scratch
- Find the cosiest jumper in existence – not a jumper but a cardigan. Close enough.
- Curl up under a blanket with a book on a rainy day – did this a couple of times and I’m sure I’ll be doing more of this in November.
- Run 5k – I DID IT. Once. And then I hurt my knee so I couldn’t do it again.
- Blogtober – Today’s post is the last one. And I did it! 31 posts in 31 days.
- Drink all the pumpkin spiced lattes in the world. I just bought my very last one because starting tomorrow, Starbucks won’t be selling them anymore.
There are still a few things to cross off the autumn bucket list but I think I’ve done pretty well so far!
I don’t have any goals set for November. All I’m going to do is write. And watch Crimes of Grindelwald because that’s FINALLY coming out…
How was your month? And do you have anything exciting planned for November?