The same day I made the apple pie, I also did some other baking. Among which this pumpkin loaf with pumpkin spice frosting.
For this recipe, you can do as I did: buy a pumpkin and regret everything once you start the entire process of dismantling the damn thing. Or you just buy a can of pumpkin puree.
If you do decide to make this completely from scratch, this is how you make your own pumpkin puree:
- Cut the pumpkin in half
- Remove all seeds (horrible job, do not recommend. If you have kids, let them do it.)
- Place pumpkin halves in the oven for around 60 minutes (or until soft) at 180°C.
For the cake:
- 350 grams of pumpkin puree
- 250 grams flour
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (or more, whatever.)
- 4 teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice (mix cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves and all-spice!)
- 60 ml olive oil
For the frosting:
- 300 grams of icing sugar
- 75 grams of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice (mix cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, ground cloves and all-spice!)
- 2 tablespoons of soya milk
How to make it
Mix all the ingredients together and bake in the oven for around 40 minutes at 180°C.
Wait for the loaf to cool before putting on the frosting. Decorate with pecans.