17 Ways To Lift Your Mood

Whether it’s the autumn/winter blues or homesickness, everyone needs to lift their mood every once in a while. And there are a lot of ways to do this. Maybe you’re already doing some. You definitely don’t have to do all of them. Just try the ones that you feel most comfortable with or that are easiest. As your mood starts to get better, you can start trying more of them.

1. Grab your favourite warm beverage from the nearest cafe
  2. Buy yourself some flowers / a new plant
  3. Order take-out
  4. Go for a walk/run
  5. Cry it out (sometimes you need to)
  6. Call a friend and go out for drinks
  7. Go and see a movie at the cinema
  8. Buy your favourite candy/snacks and binge your favourite show
  9. Do something creative
  10. Have a dance party (either on your own or with friends)
  11. Watch your favourite Disney film
  12. Take a nap
  13. Splurge on something you’ve wanted to buy for a while
  14. Go for a drive and sing as loud as you can to your favourite songs
  15. Rearrange your furniture (ask the host family if it’s okay first)
  16. Declutter
  17. Have an “I don’t care” dance party and sing along to the music as loud as you can

What are some ways that you like to cheer yourself up?

1. Ellie Plummer
    21 October 2018 / 5:00 pm

This is a brilliant post, I do find that going out and getting fresh air and spending time with friends lifts my mood

2. 21 October 2018 / 10:10 am

Thank you for tips. This post reminds me that we need to be productive to not be depressed.

3. Eileen Mendoza Loya
    21 October 2018 / 8:45 am

Awesome tips to get rid of those blues. For myself, the best thing to help me “snap out of it” is to take a long, warm bath, slip into my comfiest, oldest, most favorite t-shirt and shorts, and take a nap. Works wonders everytime.

4. 20 October 2018 / 10:00 pm

I needed this so bad ! Winter is quite depressing In itself , but we’ve had bad weather and storms for ages now. Thank you for the pick me up

5. Danielle
    20 October 2018 / 4:58 pm

I love this list. I will keep these in mind when I need to take a break from life and relax.

6. Diana Tidswell
    20 October 2018 / 4:32 pm

When I need to lift up my mood and I just go in my bedroom and go for a sleep for at least an hour.

7. 20 October 2018 / 4:05 pm

thanks for this. running makes me feel good. it clears my mind and makes me happy.

8. 20 October 2018 / 8:58 am

My best way is to run! When I am stressed or sad I need to get moving. Excersising, sweating off makes me feel better. Running works the best because I normally run in the park and nature helps too.

9. 20 October 2018 / 6:00 am

Some of these things cheer me as well, especially going for a walk in the woods. Being surrounded by the beauty of nature puts me in a good mood immediately.

10. 19 October 2018 / 9:25 pm

When I need cheering up, I like to do some yoga or read a book! I like to do something for me that will make me happy.

11. 19 October 2018 / 8:59 pm

Thank you for this post! I agree with all of your 17 examples, including call a friend, friends can be a good way to get you out of depression and plus they are good at solving problems too