Why I love being in my twenties

Though it can be quite scary when thinking about the future, I really enjoy being in my twenties. These are some of the things I’ve learned in the last few years and why I think it’s awesome to be a twenty-something.

1. You’ll get so much more confident once you leave high school behind you

2. In your twenties, you get to make all the decisions with no one else in mind

You are still young and not bound to anyone or anyplace. In ten years, you might be married and have kids. Those are things that are going to make it more difficult to do things with your life.

3. You get to know yourself so much better

Breaking away from parental supervision and teachers telling you what to do, you have the freedom to learn and do things you never even considered before. Drop classes if you hate them. Fall in love with someone and later realise that they’re completely wrong for you. Try out everything life has to offer and learn about who you are in the process. Your interests change and evolve, and you’ll get in touch with you. This is also just another way in which your confidence will grow. Once you know exactly who you are, the road towards what you want from life will become much clearer.

4. You can try out different careers

This is your chance to switch careers if you don’t like what you’re doing. You don’t have any other responsibilities – yet. So this is your chance to do something else without having to worry too much.

5. You get to live on your own for the first time

I still have a few more months of being an au pair left before I’m going to move out on my own for the first time and I couldn’t be more excited. I can’t wait until I get to do my own groceries, have an entire house to clean and get all my stuff organised.

6. Your twenties are filled with experiences

Nothing is holding you back from doing whatever you want. Go after your dreams and say ‘yes’ to crazy experiences. Embrace all of the moments life has to offer and don’t regret anything!

In summary, being in your twenties means your free to do whatever you want. You don’t have any responsibilities and are not bound to anyone. Go travel. Quit your job. Learn something new. Enjoy your life while you can.

1. Geraline Batarra
    18 October 2018 / 5:32 am

I don’t really enjoy these things when I was in 20’s not until now because I focused too much on my studying and on my work but will try to make different things for myself now.

2. Catherine Santiago Jose
    18 October 2018 / 3:56 am

Those are the things that I normally see from others when they become 20 but never experience some of them because on at the age of 17 I am already working while studying in college.

3. 18 October 2018 / 1:55 am

Twenty.. that seems like a life time ago. I was a completely different person, I did also have 2 small children by the time I was 22 so I didn’t experience most of this,

4. 17 October 2018 / 10:43 pm

What a time the twenties were. I made so many great memories and strides in life during that time.

5. mrhappywork
    17 October 2018 / 7:15 pm

I actually have the exact opposite opinion. My twenties sucks. Trying to balance college and work, nearly going homeless, trying to find my path if life. My thirties have been so much better!

6. ashleynicolerice
    17 October 2018 / 5:57 pm

I have loved living in my 20s. There is so much to do that I couldn’t do before.

7. Lisa Rios
    17 October 2018 / 5:30 pm

I think the 20s may be a little intimidating for younger people. But, they are fun!

8. Alexis
    17 October 2018 / 1:24 pm

Part of me would love to be back in my 20s but I’m also loving my 40s, there is a freeing sense of self confidence.

9. 17 October 2018 / 12:27 pm

20s is the time in your life when you experiment, you get to experience freedom for the first time, you have the time and lots of energy. you have money and independence. but i;ll say i love 30s better. it’s more stable. you have probably settled down and have direction and goals. you’ve found your style and more confident in your body.

10. 17 October 2018 / 11:23 am

That’s so true which I never experienced actually not until near 30’s. It’s the stage where you can start your future as well.

11. 16 October 2018 / 3:58 pm

Yes 20’s are a great time. There’s freedom with less responsibility if that is the life path that one chooses. Yet all decades can be amazing if that’s what we create. 💖