My Autumn Essentials

Autumn is well on its way now so I figured this would be a good time to share some of my essentials. Colder days mean that we get to wear scarves and hats – which is perfect because those hide my hair.

A big scarf

I like wearing myΒ denim or leather jacket during autumn, but it can be really cold in the morning when taking the kids to school. Just add a nice big scarf, and you’re good to go.

Hand cream

My hands get really dry all year round but especially during autumn. I’m a big fan of the Treacle Moon hand creams (vegan and they smell amazing). If I can’t find those in store, I also use Burt’s Bees products. Not vegan but they are cruelty-free in Europe!

Dr Martens

These are really just an essential for every season, but I especially love wearing them in autumn. Unfortunately, I destroyed my last pair in spring and the ones I have now HURT. Still trying to break them in.

Pumpkin Spiced Lattes

Already mentioned these in my Autumn bucket list. And I am well aware that this is aΒ basic white girl thing. But who cares? I really enjoy drinking pumpkin spiced lattes (they are now vegan at Starbucks!), and they are only available for two months of the year. Enjoy them while they are there! Or get some syrup and make them at home like I’ve started doing.

Candles

I only ever burn candles during autumn, and the last few years, I always had the same ones. Cinnamon and apples. This year is no different. There’s just something about that scent that makes me all happy inside.

Slippers

Last year, before I came to England, I would have laughed at the idea of wearing slippers. Now, I am the proud owner of at least five different pairs. Unfortunately, I no longer have unicorn slippers that my host mum bought me last year (they looked disgusting) and I have yet to find a good replacement…

Hats

I’m growing out my hair (going from a pixie cut) so it looks absolutely horrible at the moment. Doesn’t really matter when I’m inside, but when I leave the house, I’ve started to cover it up by wearing hats. It’s still a bit too warm outside for beanies (though I have a few cute ones lined up for when it does get cold enough) so I’ve been wearing caps. I have a simple black one and a velvety dark pink one that I got on DePop. Simple but very effective way to cover up my hair.

What are some of your autumn essentials?

1. powerfulandchic
    14 October 2018 / 5:09 pm

This is such a great list! Fall is the best time of year in my opinion. Pumpkin smells are a must!

2. URMILA Deven
    12 October 2018 / 8:45 am

I love Autumn season as everywhere is leaf fall… and windy weather …..love the post …..thanks

3. Diana Tidswell
    12 October 2018 / 6:06 am

Autumn is one of my favorite seasons of the year and those essentials that I must have are jackets, scarf, pants, boots and moisturizer.

4. Catherine Santiago Jose
    12 October 2018 / 3:51 am

Those are nice autumn essentials and for me, my autumn essentials are sweater, moisturizer, pants and boots.

5. 11 October 2018 / 7:27 pm

it’s finally fall to us who experience fall or autumn. I agree on your essential list I would like to add “coat” and eliminate the hat. Fall here in Belgium is super windy it wouldn’t be convenient with a hat (you know what I mean) Anyways lovely list πŸ™‚

6. Megan
    11 October 2018 / 2:18 pm

These totally are the essentials! Autumn really is the best time of the year πŸ™‚

7. 11 October 2018 / 8:38 am

My autumn essentials are anything that smells like jasmine. Though I prefer caffeine 24*7 but pumpkin aint bad too..

8. 11 October 2018 / 5:46 am

We don’t have autumn weather in my country but I am big fan of Hand cream πŸ™‚

9. 11 October 2018 / 5:18 am

Dr Martens, hats and house slippers, I can agree with this autumn essentials list.

10. 11 October 2018 / 1:50 am

i love wearing scarves and hats. i wish we had autumn here. btw, you have a very nice haircut. i love pixie cut but i am too afraid to chop off my hair.

11. 10 October 2018 / 3:44 pm

My autumn essentials are anything that smells like pumpkin, 10000000%! πŸ˜‰

12. HosteSarah
    10 October 2018 / 12:56 pm

Die pumpkin spice lattes. Zo lekker! Ik kijk daar elk jaar enorm naar uit. Kaarsen, dikke truien en warme sjaals mogen hier ook niet ontbreken. Oh, en zonder lippenbalsem kan ik ook niet leven. x. Sarah. (Een mede-Hufflepuff!) πŸ˜‰