There are a lot of au pairs in Aldershot, and sometimes it’s almost as if host families forget that we talk to each other about what they do. From all the stories I’ve heard, some of them are really weird or just plain creepy. I’m so thankful that my host parents don’t do any of this but believe it or not, these are all things that host parents in Aldershot do that are just too weird. So, just as a reference to people that are thinking about hiring an au pair, here’s a list of things you shouldn’t do.
If you’re with a host family and the parents do one (or more) of these things, talk to your friends about it and then please get out of there.
- Walking around naked
- Texting the au pair late at night, asking if they want company (yes, that kind of company) and then telling them that they are sexy
- Calling the police on their partner and then refusing to tell the au pair what happened
- Making the au pair pay money for the water she drinks
- Fighting in front of the au pair
This is admittedly not the worst thing they can do, but it is extremely awkward for your au pair so just don’t.
- Your host dad should not be sending you texts asking you to send your friends upstairs because he likes them. Nor should he ask if you want to have some fun with him while you’re still there.
- Putting cameras up in the kitchen and living room and then not telling the au pair about it
If you’re an au pair (or have been one), what’s the weirdest thing your host family has ever done?